Social Services - Financial Assessment

Your local authority has assessed your needs. If you are eligible for their support they will carry out a financial assessment to calculate how much you should pay towards your care costs. This could also be referred to as a "means test". Your local authority will only pay towards social care needs and will not pay for other health problems, these may be covered by the NHS.